Jim Sullivan was owner/instructor of DanceQuest dance studio with his wife Debbie. When Jim lost the fight against cancer, he left a hole in the dance community, especially at DanceQuest. Last Saturday evening, a group of friends and family gathered for a one year memorial for Jim. As we shared stories and thoughts about Jim, I was impressed by these truths:
- Jim was an artist. What he did, he did with the fluidity of a master craftsman
- Jim was a naturally shy man who came to life through his dancing
- Jim was brilliant. He could choreograph and perform 20 routines for a single showcase event.
- Jim was known for a mischievous look that meant he was up to something
- Jim’s wife, Debbie, is courageous and strong. She has been through the full calendar of their birthdays, their anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and, now, the one year memorial of his passing. In spite of all this, it is Debbie’s laughter that constantly brightens the studio atmosphere.
Jim used the logo “Just Follow Me” in his work and we did and we wish we still could.
Please click Leave a Comment and share something about Jim.
See You on the Floor!